User means any person who surfs the visitingmallorca.com web site, hereinafter simply the web site.
The publisher shall be understood to be the owner of the website, who is VISITING MALLORCA and is identified in the legal note.
The cookies used in the user’s browser have been installed with the user’s permission. If at any time you wish to revoke this authorisation, you may do so without hindrance. To do so, you can view the section Disabling or removing cookies, which is described in these policies.
Definition and function of cookies
Cookies are pieces of information that are stored in the user’s browser of a website in order to be able to consult the previous activity that has taken place, as well as to remember certain data for a next visit. They can also be called web beacons, pixels, bugs, trackers, but for the purposes of these policies, they will only be understood as cookies.
They usually store technical data, usage statistics, personalisation of profiles, links to social networks, management of personal preferences, among other functions, in order to adapt the website to the needs and configurations of the user, thus improving the browsing experience.
They are not virus files, spam, Trojans, worms, spyware, or advertising programming whether static on the page or in pop-up format.
The information stored refers to the browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.), and not to the user, to verify this you can enter the same web domain and verify in two different browsers that you can configure different preferences in each one.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them
Cookies can be:
- Own: when they are managed by the website editor itself. They are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party: when they are managed by a natural or legal person other than the publisher.
This website uses own and third party cookies.
Types of cookies by purpose
Depending on the function they fulfil, cookies can be:
- Technical: These allow the operational management of the website, so that the user can browse it without any problems. They can help to control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted areas, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of a product or service, manage payment, control fraud, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, animation loading a text or image) or share content through social networks, among many other functions that may have.
- Preferences or personalisation: these allow information to be remembered so that the user can browse the website with certain personalised characteristics, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be shown when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the website depending on the type of user’s browser, background colours used, profile image, among others.
- Analysis or measurement: these allow the monitoring and analysis of user behaviour on the website and on other websites owned by the cookie manager, for example, the time spent on a certain page, the times and days with the highest traffic.
- Behavioural advertising: these are those that store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on this. The intention is to show relevant and attractive ads for the user.
- Advertising: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that the website has, based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the advertisements are shown.
This website uses technical, personalisation, analysis, advertising and behavioural advertising cookies.
Some cookies can be multi-purpose, i.e. they can fulfil 2 or more functions.
Types of cookies by duration:
Depending on the length of time they remain activated on the terminal equipment, cookies may be:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion and disappear at the end of the session, for example, a list of selected products, a specific selection of photographs, etc.
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Consequences of disabling cookies
- The chosen products will not be loaded into the shop, so a shopping cart will not be created, preventing the possibility to finalise the purchase of the desired products.
- You will not be able to access the customer area, personal area, or any other area that requires confirmation.
- The data necessary to analyse the website may not be collected, preventing the publisher from knowing how to improve it.
- You may not share the content of the website on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, among others.
- You will not be able to comment on the blog.
- It will not be possible to display third-party advertising, reducing revenue for those who use this modality.
- On certain web domain sites, your browsing may be considered as spam because you cannot be identified.
- Miscellaneous. This list is merely enunciative, not limitative.
If the user has deleted cookies, and wishes to browse this website again, he/she must accept cookies once more.
Cookies used on this website
This website makes use of the following cookies: technical, personalisation, analysis and behavioural advertising cookies. The cookies used by this website are listed below, however, due to the technical impossibility that this may generate, it is not possible to show exactly the cookies used by third parties, but every effort has been made to ensure that the user has all the necessary information.
|CookieConsent||visitingmallorca.com||Stores the user’s cookie consent status for the current domain.||1 year||Required|
|_ga||visitingmallorca.com||It records a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||2 year||Statistical|
|_gat||visitingmallorca.com||Used by Google Analytics to monitor request rates.||session||Statistical|
|Collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks visitor across devices and marketing channels.||session||Statistical|
|r/collect||doubleclick.net||This cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. It tracks the visitor across all devices and marketing channels.||session||Marketing|
Disabling or removing cookies
As each browser has different configurations, the user must go to the help section of each one to see the particular case. This section mentions the most common ones; however, due to browser updates or the operating system being used, this may vary. The user should always refer to the user manuals of their browser, this guide is merely a guide.
- Chrome: Go to Menu – Settings (on Mac: Preferences) – Advanced Settings – Privacy – Here you choose whether to set cookies or delete existing cookies. For more information you can visit Chrome’s help. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Internet Explorer: Go to Tools – Internet Options – Privacy – Privacy – Settings – Advanced options. Configure the desired settings. For more information, you can visit the browser’s own help section https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies.
- Firefox: Go to Menu – Preferences – Privacy – Show cookies – Set as desired. For more information you can visit the browser’s help section https://www.mozilla.org/es-ES/privacy/websites/#cookies
- Safari: Safari – Preferences – Privacy – Make the desired settings. For more information you can visit the Apple Help https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Notices related to cookies
The Publisher shall not be liable for any technical faults that the user may encounter on the website or in his/her browser due to incorrect handling of the deactivation or deletion of cookies; at all times the user must verify the information on their deactivation or deletion in the help section of the browser that corresponds to him/her. The user assumes responsibility for deleting or disabling cookies in their browser and therefore assumes the consequences arising from this.
The user may at any time communicate with the Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.